Have you tried installing the latest update for Windows 10? Some of the Windows 10 users have complained that they have faced audio issues after updating their computer. The majority of them complained that their HDMI driver was not producing any sound.
If you are facing a similar issue and want the right version to download Realtek Intel High Definition Audio Driver for your Windows 10 Pc/Laptop, we have got you covered.
In this post, we will discuss the steps of downloading and installing the right version of Intel High Definition Audio Driver, the Realtek audio driver Windows 10 for your system.
Steps of downloading and installing Intel Display Audio Driver or Realtek audio driver Windows 10
There are four standard ways of downloading the right version of Realtek High Definition Audio Driver on your Windows 10 system.
- Automatically updating Intel High Definition Audio Driver.
- Downloading and Installing the correct version of Realtek Audio Driver manually.
- Rolling back the driver to its previous version..
1. Automatically updating Intel High Definition Audio Driver:
An automatic way of updating your Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10 is the easiest and fastest way of installing a driver update.
I know you thinking how do I automatically update drivers?
Follow steps below:
- To update automatically all drivers Press Windows Key + R to open the Run Dialog box.
- Now Type the command ms-settings:windowsupdate and hit Enter.
- You will see the new windows page Update & Security Click on Check for updates the windows automatically search compatible driver for your Windows 10 PC lets do work by itself.
Also Know how you can update realtek high definition audio windows 10 driver manually.
- Press Windows Key + X> Click on Device Manager> Expand The Sound, Video, and Game Controllers> Right click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Update Driver.
If you are not comfortable doing it manually, you get a third-party tool. These third-party tools detected issues on your system and also the number of outdated drivers present.
Once detected, it automatically locates the latest version or availability of a driver update on your system and proceeds with the installation.
Try below these best driver update software for Windows 10 PC recommended by TechRadar.com
2. Manually download & install the correct version of Intel High Definition Audio Driver:
You might not take assistance from a driver update or third-party tool for updating your Intel High Definition Audio Driver.
You can easily follow the given steps and download the updated version manually from the manufacturer’s website. Users of branded laptops get the Audio drivers from the laptop’s official website as well.
Note: When you visit the official website of Intel Realtek, you get the High Definition Audio Drivers along with the Graphics card driver. Hence, you need to get the graphics driver to install your audio driver.
- Visit the Intel official website> Find the downloads center or visit downloadcenter.intel.com.
- Type “Intel HD Graphics and Model” in the “search” box of the page > Press “Enter” to begin the search.
- We commonly come across a concern, “what if I don’t know my Graphics card model number?” We have a solution for that too. Follow these steps to know your model number.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box and Type DxDiag and hit Enter.
- Now Navigate to the Display 1 tab.
- There you’ll get the driver version under the Driver section.
- After got the Model goto download center and search driver for your PC.
- Select “Windows 10 64-bit or Windows 10 32-bit” based on your PC from the drop-down.
- Select the first option on the page, as that will be the latest version for the driver.
- Here you can simply click on the Download button.
- After download open the .exe file> Follow on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Restart your PC and let the changes have their effect.
If it's doesn't work for you then go with Intel Driver & Support Assistant tool below check everything about it. how to download and install the Intel® DSA and identify the driver.
Get the Intel Driver & Support Assistant Identify tool to get driver and software updates for your Intel hardware.
Note: This application supports these windows version 7,8,8.1,10 using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Edge to download Intel® DSA.
3. Rolling back the driver to its previous version:
Suppose you are still facing the audio driver issue on your Windows 10 device after updating your Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.
In that case, you should consider rolling back the driver to its previous version.
- Press Windows Key + X> Click on Device Manager> Expand The System Device> Double click on Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller and select the Driver tab> Click on Roll Back Driver.
In case your Roll Back Driver option grayed out in the list, you need to download the previous driver version from the manufacturer website and install it on your PC or try my above method how to download find driver version and identify correct driver using Intel® DSA.
- After install, the driver Reboot your computer > The problem should get solved after rebooting the system.
4. Direct Download Sound Driver from oemdrivers.com:
Before downloading the driver, you must uninstall your previous old driver on your Windows 10 PC by using these steps.
This uninstalling method working for specific Windows version like 8, 8.1,10.
- Press Windows Key + R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter to open Programs and Features.
- Now here find Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and Double-click on it to Uninstall.
- After complete uninstallation select to Restart the system.
- And now download the free Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10 64 bit.
Windows 7,8,8.1,10 64bit only
Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10 64 bit.
Realtek Audio Driver Windows 10 is extremely essential for your system. If you don’t have an updated driver for your system, you will soon experience sound problems. Try our hacks to resolve the driver errors and get the latest version of the audio driver installed.